- DON’T talk to anyone in a patronizing manner.
- DON’T make assumptions about people, especially those who are culturally different.
- DON’T assume a culturally different person is an expert about his or her cultural group.
- DON’T assume a culturally different person is typical of all of the members of his or her cultural group.
- DON’T engage in behaviors that single out a culturally different person, especially if that person is in the minority at your workplace.
- DON’T ask inappropriate questions or engage in inappropriate behaviors, especially of a personal nature.
- DON’T try to speak or act like a culturally different person if it is not YOU.
Next Post: September 15, 2015 - The 7 Don’ts of Multicultural Communication #1